Every time you enter a browser and visit different websites , cookies and other data are usually stored on the computer. All this in the long run may end up becoming a problem for the user.
These data, which end up being stored in each of the browsers, may include information that has been previously provided on each of the websites visited. That is, names, passwords, users, email addresses , among others , may appear .
In general, all this data is remembered in order to make things easier for users when they revisit these web pages , so that you can access them more quickly. However, despite this, many people prefer to delete this type of information . That is why here we are going to explain how you can carry out all this.
Why is it important to regularly remove browser cookies from your Apple Mac computer?
It is important to mention that cookies are a principle that are not harmful to the user, but on the contrary, they turn out to be a very useful tool for most.
Just as each web page sends these elements in order to have certain data to identify the person when they re- enter the site , this will allow them to remember passwords, users, repeat certain searches, among other data. All this with the aim of making things simpler and easier for people.
Now, all this information can easily saturate the browser and considerably affect its use, as well as the battery life of portable devices. In addition, being able to clean these elements can help to repair some problems that browsers present and in the same way protect privacy .
Therefore, the most recommended is to clean or delete cookies and thus prevent your personal data from appearing on certain web pages. In this way, when you delete all this information, the browsing history of the different portals will be deleted and therefore you will have to enter each of your data again when you want to enter these sites.
Steps to delete cookies from all your browsers from MacOS
Taking into account the problems that this type of elements can generate for users, especially because they will make your browser work a little slower, the most advisable thing is to carry out their elimination .
For this, here we will explain step by step how to remove them from the different most important web browsers from MacOS:
If you frequently use Safari then it is important that you know how to delete all these elements directly in your browser . This will allow you to have greater security and a faster experience in it.
In this way, just follow each of the steps that we will teach you below:
- The first thing will be to enter the “Safari” icon on your desktop.
- Now in the upper left part of the Mac screen, click on the “Safari” option and a drop-down menu will appear .
- Next, select “Preference” from the drop-down menu options.
- Click on the “Privacy” tab .
- Here you will have to click on the “Manage website data” section located in the center of the page. On older Mac versions this will appear as “Delete all website data”.
- Then click “Delete all”.
- A new pop-up window will appear where you will have to select “Delete now”.
In the event that you keep noticing that these elements are still appearing, then it is necessary that you also clear the cache in order to eliminate all the information that still appears.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Enter Safari and click on the menu.
- Then select “Preference”.
- Now select the “Advanced” tab .
- Here you will have to check the box “Show developer menu in the menu bar”.
- Then we choose the “Developer” option .
- Finally, “Clear cache information.”
In the case of Microsoft Edge this process is just as simple and quick to execute, keep in mind that this will also depend on the version that is being used .
To carry out this simply follow the steps that we will teach you below:
- Once you have entered Edge, select the “Tool” menu .
- Now choose the “Internet Options” section.
- Here we select the “General” tab .
- Within “General” we click “Delete cookies”.
- Next we choose the “Accept” button in the confirmation pop-up box.
- Finally, we select “OK” again to close the “Internet Options” window .
“UPDATED ✅ Do you want to learn how to delete the cookies stored in your MacOS browser? ⭐ ENTER HERE ⭐ and Discover how to do it
In Mozilla Firefox it is very simple and fast to eliminate all these elements that appear to you during your navigation.
To do this, follow each of these steps:
- Open Mozilla Firefox from the main screen of your Mac.
- When you have entered the browser, click on the “History” section located at the top left of the screen where a drop-down menu will appear .
- Now we choose “Clear Recent History” which is in the dropdown menu and a new window will appear on the screen.
- Here we select the “Time period” for data deletion. In this case you can choose between “The last hour, two hours, four hours, today or all”. In general, it is recommended to select “All”.
- The next thing will be to check the box for “Cookies”.
- Finally, we select “Clean now” so that this process can be executed successfully.
For the Google Chrome browser we will simply have to perform each of the steps that we will teach you below:
- Open Google Chrome from the main screen of your Mac.
- Now click on the Chrome tab located at the top left of the screen and a drop-down menu will appear .
- Here we choose the option “Delete browsing data” where a new window will open on the screen.
- As in Mozilla, here you will have to choose the “Period of time” for data deletion. In this case, it is best to select “From the origin of time”.
- The next thing will be to check the box “Delete cookies and other site data”, here you can check some other information boxes that you also want to delete.
- Finally, we click on “Delete browsing data” so that all these elements are completely erased from your browser.
Finally, if you frequently use the Opera browser, then you will be able to carry out this process in the following way:
- Enter the Opera browser and click on the “Tools” menu .
- Then select the “Delete personal information” section.
- Now we choose the option “Details of the options”.
- The next step will be to select the section “Delete all traces”.
- Within this section, you will have to uncheck the box of the rest of the private data options that you do not want to delete.
- Finally, click “Delete.” In this way you can delete all the cookies from Opera and start enjoying faster browsing.